Re: newb question: cookies w/ post

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:01:58 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Dennis Falling wrote:

> Ok, clearly I'm not as knowledgeable about these things as you expect me to
> be. Any advice on where to go to learn what I need to do this? I don't
> even know where to start

I'd blatantly suggest my own document "The Art Of Scripting HTTP Requests
Using Curl":

         http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.html

I'm sure there are other rookie-oriented documents on HTTP requests, but I
don't remember any off the top of my head.

> (I thought this was a good starting place, but I guess I was wrong.)

First, I'm not a teacher so don't expect me to teach. Then, I'm convinced that
this list _does_ help people to learn, since we continue to read examples and
how-to-do and what-not-to-do on this list and you can google-search many years
of web archives of this list and learn from past experiences.

Finally: don't stop asking if you're not happy with what you've been told so
far. The worst that can happen is that people stop answering. The best that
can happen is that you'll get your questions answered.