Re: Newbie needs help with basic CURL to download file from https site

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 00:20:34 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, David Bracknell wrote:

> To get to the below data, you must log in, and then wait until another
> window pops up with the data. This is the line I have been playing with but
> cannot make it work.
>
> Anyone see what my problem is? Sorry I can't suppy password and logon but
> you can try the link to see what it does.

Yes, you cannot use -u to authenticate to this site, you must POST your
credentials to it as it uses a <form> for login.

> Is there a place with simple sample code that newbies and non-programmers
> can go to get ideas/fix their problems?

I've seen sites discuss various command lines and so, but there's no special
place that I'm aware of or can recommend people to visit.

If anyone who reads this knows one or starts one, don't forget to announce it
here!