WPAD, PAC files, and FindProxyForURL()

From: Edward Chan <echan_at_macromedia.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 13:33:41 -0800

This is probably not the right place to ask this, but I'm hoping somebody on
this list might know about this. I'm trying to use WPAD (Web Proxy
Auto-Discovery Protocol). I've set up a PAC (Proxy Auto-Configuration)
file, and set my browser to auto detect proxy. The browser is able to find
the PAC file by using WPAD, and I guess executes the FindProxyForURL()
function defined in the PAC file. But I would like to be able to call this
function from my JavaScript embedded in my HTML page to see what this
function returns. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ed