Re: Installing cURL in Windows

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:41:34 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Will Sani wrote:

> Do I just drop the exe file in the system32 folder to get cURL to run with
> PHP? Is there something different I need to do for PHP and Windows?

Some general clues that might help you understand what is what:

Yes, the "exe" is all you need (plus the DLLs it depends on) if you want to
use the command line tool only. (And this mailing list concerns the command
line tool.)

If you want to use the curl-related functions in with the PHP/curl binding,
you need libcurl installed and not just the command line tool. (There's
separate mailing list for PHP/curl binding maters.)

However, I believe this question is a matter of how you install PHP on windows
and you are better off asking this in a PHP-related forum or mailing list. If
I'm not mistaking, the windows package of PHP contains a libcurl DLL and other
things, ready to be used.

Of course, if someone has a good URL on where to find this info, I wouldn't
mind getting to know it since this is actually a FAQ.