Re: curl latest version failed with ftp upload

From: Tom Lee <tom_lee01_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 19:12:35 +0000

>From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
>To: curl tool talk <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
>Subject: Re: curl latest version failed with ftp upload
>Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:58:35 +0100 (CET)
>
>On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Tom Lee wrote:
>
>>I tried latest curl.exe with non-ssl version for uploading files.
>
>Latest being 7.12.3 I presume?

yes, here is the error message:

C:\> curl -v -u username:password -T myfile.exe ftp://IP_ADDRESS//
* About to connect() to IP_ADDRESS port 21
* Trying IP_ADDRESS... * connected
* Connected to IP_ADDRESS (IP_ADDRESS) port 21
< 220 ProFTPD 1.2.9 Server (ProFTPD) [company.com]
>USER wcheng
< 331 Password required for username.
>PASS password
< 230 User username logged in.
* We have successfully logged in
>PWD
< 257 "/home/username" is current directory.
* Entry path is '/home/username'
>EPSV
< 229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||53488|)
* Trying IP_ADDRESS... * Connection refused
* couldn't connect to host
* Remembering we are in dir /myfile.exe
* Uploaded unaligned file size (0 out of 2479503 bytes)
* Closing connection #0
curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
C:\>

thanks,