Re: curl latest version failed with ftp upload

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:58:35 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Tom Lee wrote:

> I tried latest curl.exe with non-ssl version for uploading files.

Latest being 7.12.3 I presume?

> however it failed wit the following error message in the end:

> I tried to XP ftp.exe, it will work fine for uploading file. does somebody
> here know curl.exe failed?

First, you should post the full trace output as that would make it easier for
us to understand what happened.

Then, comparing with the XP ftp is not really useful unless you provide a good
trace/debug output from that one as well. For example, I believe the vanilla
windows ftp client defaults to using PORT while curl defaults to PASV, which
may very well be the difference that made it work.