Re: lib cURL instability and stack/stream-related crashes in easy_perform

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:26:30 +0100

John Chamberlain wrote:
> Well, first of all my code is not using local members outside of the
> function where they are declared.

Good.

> Second of all, even if it were how does this relate to the problem?

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the curl handle is located on
the (now-free) stack. When curl is accessing the handle, it may very
well already be overwritten and contain garbage.

Anyway, since that isn't the case, we can skip that theory.

> Third of all it's lib curl (or something lib curl is calling
> internally) that is crashing, not my code.

See above.

It's easy to make libcurl crash by feeding it garbage.

Now, is it possible for you to run a debugger and see where libcurl crashes?

Linus