Re: cacert... again

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:05:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Bill Mercer wrote:

> I emailed Duane from CACert, and he is very interested in being included in
> the default curl certificate bundle. It would definitely be beneficial to
> CACert to get recogntion like this from a popular project. Curl and CACert
> are both projects I like a great deal, so I would really like to see that
> recognition as well. (Not that my opinion is particularly important)

I would like to see all cacerts added to our bundle that makes sense and are
from companies that are generally trusted.

The problem is only that this would impose yet another rather hefty
administrational task on me that I'm not in a position to shoulder. If no one
else can do this job, I'm afraid I will just keep the current set of
certificates and try to document their state of being "very old" and recommend
users to either use the Mozilla bundle or build their own.