Re: Using CURL with asp and javascript

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:06:05 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Ralph Mitchell wrote:

> Another page I have to work with shuffles a cookie back and forth that's
> about the same size as your post variables. Curl hasn't choked on it yet...
> :)

Speaking of limits and lack of them, here's some info:

curl has no limit on the POST data size, using -d is only limited by the size
of availble memory. Test 56 in the test suite sends a 100K chunk.

curl has no limit on the length of the URL. Not even for the host name part,
the user name part and the password part.

curl allows a single cookie line to be 4999 bytes - RFC2109 defines that
clients MUST allow at least 4096 bytes, sp I hope will make servers keep
contents smaller. I have no idea how much data the popular browsers support.
There is no limit on number of cookies, and each cookie must use a name that
is shorter than 1024 bytes.