Can't connect to DynDNS servers with curl

From: Christian Biere <christianbiere_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 03:29:12 +0100

Hi,

since some days ago I cannot use curl any longer to update my DynDNS
hostname. If I connect to https://members.dyndns.org/ using curl I
get the following error message:

* About to connect() to members.dyndns.org port 443
* Trying 63.208.196.94... * connected
* Connected to members.dyndns.org (63.208.196.94) port 443
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /usr/pkg/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
[...]

So I guess they've changed their certificates some days ago using a CA
that is not listed in the default CA bundle. However, I have no problem
connecting to it using wget or Mozilla. Do those simply not perform one
check or another or why does only curl have a problem?

This is the version of curl I use:
curl 7.12.2 (i386--netbsdelf) libcurl/7.12.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.1.4
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: Largefile NTLM SSL libz

curl 7.9.5 doesn't seem to have this problem.

--
Christian