RE: curl processes hang on windows 2003

From: Yuri <yurim_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 10:25:41 -0800

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for your response. About when it hangs: it looks like it hangs
randomly, when it hangs processes never finish until they forcefully
terminated (manual termination or server reboot). It always hangs when "I/O
Writes"=50. Apache does not send data to curl running on Windows after it
hangs - there were no Apache processes which were running that long, we also
did not find any log information on Linux suggesting that something wrong
going on there.

Our attempts to reproduce the problem were done from command line on Windows
XP, 2000, 2003 - no problems were found - we actually do not have another
Windows 2003 server were we could have set similar environment (IIS 6, ASP).

Why these processes hang when "I/O Writes"=50 ? Is there some internal
buffer or counter in curl which got overflow or somehow went out of bounds?

Why curl does not recognize that another side of communication has
connection terminated ? We are using max time out parameter in command line
but it looks like it is not used or could not be used due to some reasons.

If you suggest that this is related to network setup then what network
settings may cause such behavior?

Yuri