Curl question

From: Tig <tig_at_online.be>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:50:24 +0100

Hello all,

I have some stupid question about command line curl.

For the moment I have a script that first logs in to the site and then gathers
information.

Script:

/usr/bin/curl -s -A "Mozilla/4.0" -b /home/tig/test.txt -d
"usrname=username&uemail=tig\@online.be&psword=xxxxx&submit=Login"
www.kingsofchaos.com/{login.php,battlefield.php?jump=[$start-$stop]}

This is executed in a perl script and works fine.

Now ... my problem is the following ... On the same site there is a page to
send out messages (html form post) but to be able to use it I have to be
logged in first (first part of my script) and I don't know how to set the
values the script should sent to the page.

I have all the vars but don't know how to put them in the script.

The form url = writemail.php and all the vars are to, subject and message
(with submit button value Send) I could add all this like:

-d "subject='subject'&message='text'&submit=Send"
www.kikingsofchaos.com/writemail.php?to=personid

But i need to know how to incorporate but forms in 1 line :|

Any ideas?

I hope my explinations are clear coz this is not one of my best things lol

See ya & thx

Thierry