Re: Using curl to save cookies....

From: Bill Mercer <bmerc_at_nccer.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:03:23 -0400

Two problems:

1. The -c argument just saves the cookies to a file, the actual returned page is still
going to stdout. If you want the actual page to go to a file, use the -o or -O options.
2. http://mail.yahoo.com doesn't set any cookies, so there's nothing to store.

>I execute the following at the Windows XP command prompt:
>
>curl -c cookie.txt http://mail.yahoo.com <http://mail.yahoo.com>
>
>I expected the download to go to: 'cookie.txt' ......

>instead it displays on stdout....what did I miss ??

Cheers,

Bill Mercer - National Center for Construction Education and Research
3600 NW 43rd St
Gainesville, Florida 32606
http://www.nccer.org
Phone 352-334-0911 Fax 352-334-0932