Re: Is --ftp-retry a good idea?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:21:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Bill Mercer wrote:

> The way wget does it is the max retry delay is the longest individual delay
> time. So in that case the retry delay would be the maximum seconds delay
> before giving up.

My current code doesn't give up when it hits the maximum delay, it just keeps
that delay for the rest of the retries and it stops retrying when it reaches
the max amount of given retries.

> I think 60 seconds max as a hard limit is too low.

What would you say is a reasonable default maximum between-retries delay? Ten
minutes? One hour?

Based on your input, I'll add a --retry-delay option that allows you to set
this maximum delay.