Curl session ID

From: Karthik Ramakrishnan <karthik_at_tellme.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:55:10 -0700

Hi, I have a question on reuse of SSL session ID's in curl. I am using
LibCurl V7. I have been running some tests in which I am *NOT* reusing the
curl handle across multiple fetches. I connect to an HTTPS server once with
a curl handle and then free the handle and create another one for the second
fetch. My second fetch happens after the server's TimeToLive window has
expired. Hence I see a message in my logs which says "Connection 0 seems to
be dead" when I attempt to connect for the second time. So far so good.

But what is surprising is that I see "SSL re-using session ID" message in my
logs even after I create a new curl handle.
So I assume the session ID cache is now global and not tied to a specific
curl handle. Can you please verify this?

Thanks a bunch,
-k