RE: AIX install error

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:36:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Sunil Modi (IT) wrote:

> Currently I am running the command "configure prefix=(location I want files
> to go to) --disable-ipv6 --disable-shared --without-ssl"
>
> and this is the error I get after running make.
>
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .curl_getdate

Then it seems it failed to compile getdate.c properly.

> I think curl_getdate lies in the curl/curl.h file,

No, that's the prototype, not the function. The function is in lib/getdate.c.

> it doesn't make sense as to why that's the only function that can't be
> found.

There must have been a previous error in the build process, surely?

> Do I have to modify the Makefile with the location changes?

Nope, that is made for you.

> Why would the error still come up?

My guess is that during the build the getdate.c file was regenerated from the
getdate.y source and you don't have GNU bison installed so it failed and then
it failed to build a fine getdate function.