RE: AIX install error

From: Sunil Modi \(IT\) <smodi_at_bordersgroupinc.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:48:22 -0400

Currently I am running the command "configure prefix=(location I want files to go to) --disable-ipv6 --disable-shared --without-ssl"

and this is the error I get after running make.

ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .curl_getdate

I think curl_getdate lies in the curl/curl.h file, but it doesn't make sense as to why that's the only function that can't be found.
Do I have to modify the Makefile with the location changes?

CURLLIB=(install dir)/lib
CURLINCLUDE=(install dir)/include

Why would the error still come up?

Thank you in advance for your help.