Re: curl installation issues

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 16:12:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Sheik Mohamed.L wrote:

> I have downloaded both binary (curl-7.12.1.tar.bz2) and
> curl-7.12.1.tar.gz.

You don't need both. They're identical, just compressed differently.

And btw, they are not "binary". They are source code archives.

> I have installed curl-7.12.1.tar.gz by following steps
> ./configure
> make test
> make install

This installs curl with a /usr/local prefix by default

> after that i check by curl -V,that shows older version(7.9.5)

... which probably is because Redhat installs curl in /usr by default and you
have /usr/bin before /usr/local/bin in your path (and/or /etc/ld.so.conf).