Re: RE-3: With Curl the last two lines are missing

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:12:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 a.j.vandenberg02_at_kpn.com wrote:

> Conclusion: The content-length IE gives is the same as Mozilla gives and
> just as wrong.

You mean "is given" not "gives", right?

> Why IE does correctly download te file and Mozilla doesn't is a mistery to
> me.

Newsflash: different programs deal with bad input in different ways.

> Test this variable in a modified CURL and use that for the size.
> That's why I want to modify lib/transfer.c
> But I can't seem to find a correct Win32 Source to make a modify'd
> executable from.

curl (and libcurl) is distributed in a single source package for all platforms
it builds and runs on.

> With curl-7.12.1.zip I followed the Microsoft command line style

> call nmake vc-ssl-dll

> .\urldata.h(135) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'SSL_CTX'
> .\urldata.h(136) : error C2143: syntax error : missing '{' before '*'

You obviously don't have OpenSSL installed with the headers where the makefile
assumes them to be. Fix that first, or build without OpenSSL support.

> Can someone tell me how to succesfully build CURL (with-ssl) from source
> code on a Win32 platform?

You're on the right track.