Re: An idea on separate options for different URLs

From: Walt Pawley <walt_at_wump.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 10:16:39 -0700

On 8/2/04 10:24 AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote on Re: An idea on separate
options for different URLs

>> Assuming that's true, I don't see the real value of putting more stuff on
>> "one line". It's not all that uncommon to see people resorting to multi-line
>> continued curl commands now.
>
>Quite true. But persistent connections _require_ the transfers to be done on a
>single command line.

Is it really "single command line" or single process too have the
association with the connection's socket? If it's the latter, perhaps one
could launch a curlpc helper app and use it's PID as the identifier.

Then multi-line scripts could use a persistent connection, I think. I'm
really too ignorant to be discussing these things and just have a small
exposure of the concepts involved.

>curl currently provides 96 (ninetysix) different command line options. I think
>it already is very complex. I don't think this little extra makes much extra
>though.

No, I don't mind more CL options. I currently have little idea what about
90 of the 96 are used for and it hasn't stopped me from using curl.

--
Walter M. Pawley <walt_at_wump.org>
Wump Research & Company