Newbie help

From: Anthony Molloy <Anthony.Molloy_at_openpsl.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 12:50:48 +0100

Running Curl 7.9.8 on Redhat 2.4.25

I am new to curl, so please treat me with care,

I am trying to download a number of pages using a simple in order to
periodically test the operation and the content

curl "URL" command

80% of the time it works fine with the content being exactly what I
would see thru Mozilla

however, the other 20% of the time it fails to bring back the content I
am interested in.

I have narrowed the failure down to pages that have a link section at
the top of the page links to multiple pages of content, when every curl
get to this point it fails with a parsing locale error, I have set LANG
to be C, en_us en_uk and others but this doesn't seem to do the trick.

I have tried curl with other args, such as -user-agent -b cookiefile
(created with -c)

Any help would be appreciated

Ant

"This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individuals to whom it is addressed. Any view or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of OpenPSL Limited. It is not to be relied upon by any person other
than the addressee except with our prior written approval.

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately,
destroy any copies and delete from your computer systems. If you have
received this e-mail in error, any use, disclosure, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited.

Although this email and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defects which might affect any computer or IT system
into which they are received, no responsibility is accepted by OpenPSL
for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use
therein"