RE: curl certificate authentication failed

From: Chidanand Gangur <chidanand.gangur_at_nevisnetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:51:18 +0530

Hi Glenn,

Even I am able to get it work by using the "-k" switch but this not what we are expecting to do.

CA certificates are generated by me and they reside on the same machine. The openssl commands used to generate certificates are as follows:

/************************CA Certificates******************************/
openssl genrsa -out myCAkey.key 1024
openssl req -new -key myCAkey.key -out myCAreq.req
openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in myCAreq.req -signkey myCAkey.key -out myCAcert.pem

/************************Server Certificates******************************/
openssl genrsa -out myServer.key 1024
openssl req -new -key myServer.key -out myServer.req
openssl x509 -req -days 365 -CA myCAcert.pem -CAkey myCAkey.key -CAcreateserial -in myServer.req -out myServer.pem

openssl genrsa -out myClient.key 1024
openssl req -new -key myClient.key -out myClient.req
openssl x509 -req -days 365 -CA myCAcert.pem -CAkey myCAkey.key -CAcreateserial -in myClient.req -out myClient.pem

openssl pkcs12 -export -clcerts -in myClient.pem -inkey myClient.key -out myClient.p12

Can some body point where am I going wrong. My Question is if it is problem with CA certificate why should it work with Browsers.

Thanks,
Chidanand.