Re: Problem with Microsoft 2003 ftp server

From: Eric VERGNAUD <eric.vergnaud_at_jlynx.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:30:04 +0200

Thanks Kevin,

Or maybe, since the first message from the server contains "Microsoft", a
flag could be added to handle that specific case.

My problem arises from the fact that I'm using libcurl through the easy API,
so I don't have access to raw reply codes and messages that could help me
sort this out in a neat way.

Eric

> I'm going to stay out of the discussion of whether curl should be
> changed to handle this case (more like an http URL...).
>
> But, one good workaround is already in the mailing list archives:
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-04/0226.html
>
> Eric - since you're providing a UI around libcurl, perhaps your original
> patch (finding the username at the beginning of the "root folder" and
> stripping it out) could be implemented within your UI?
>
> Or alternatively, add an extra "/" into your URL, as in:
>
> ftp://justinkahn:tiptoe@ftp.myserver.com//justinkahn/somedir/someotherdi
> r/
> (I'm not sure, but the extra slash may need to be URL-encoded, as in
> ..._at_ftp.myserver.com/%2Fjustinkahn/somedir...)
>
> - Kevin

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies