RE: Problem with Microsoft 2003 ftp server

From: Roth, Kevin P. <kproth_at_mapllc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:54:34 -0400

I'm going to stay out of the discussion of whether curl should be
changed to handle this case (more like an http URL...).

But, one good workaround is already in the mailing list archives:
  http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2003-04/0226.html

Eric - since you're providing a UI around libcurl, perhaps your original
patch (finding the username at the beginning of the "root folder" and
stripping it out) could be implemented within your UI?

Or alternatively, add an extra "/" into your URL, as in:

ftp://justinkahn:tiptoe@ftp.myserver.com//justinkahn/somedir/someotherdi
r/
(I'm not sure, but the extra slash may need to be URL-encoded, as in
..._at_ftp.myserver.com/%2Fjustinkahn/somedir...)

- Kevin