Re: specified port number for FTP PORT

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:32:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Faxempfang wrote:

> The Problem is, that if I use an control port different to 21, my Router/NAT
> will not recognize, that FTP-Transfer is initiated and therefore it won´t
> open the all data-ports when curl starts the data-connection.

Right, your router doesn't track the FTP commands/responses so you can only
have the server contact you back at a fixed port number.

The router might support 21 automaticly but you can often make it allow other
ports through as well. 21 has the downside that on *nix you have to be a super
user to be allowed to bind/use it.

> I´ve seen such Data-Port-Range-Limit in the "Todo List" ... is there any
> chance, that this will be implemented in the near future ?

I don't know. I personally have no plan to introduce it soon, but anyone could
write a patch and mail it in.