Re: Curl-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 20

From: Faxempfang <ums_at_genesis-web.de>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:29:45 +0200

>"Thomas Horst" <info_at_genesis-web.de> said:

>> I want to access a Site wich donīt support passive transfer.
>> Active (PORT) transfer will work only, if used ports can be limited to
>> a specific Range because the Client is behind a NAT.
>>
>> Is there any chance to tell curl using such a limitation with the -P
Option ?

>Since you post with Outlook Express, I assume you use curl on
>Windows. Put this in your %APPDATA%\_curlrc file; "--ftp-port -".
>
>But I don't think you can control the port range; the OS will give
>curl a source-port > 1024 which your NAT/fw should handle fine.
>
>--gv

The Problem is, that if I use an control port different to 21, my Router/NAT
will not recognize, that FTP-Transfer is initiated and therefore it wonīt
open the all data-ports when curl starts the data-connection.

But I must use different control-ports to reach specific servers on the
other site (same WAN-IP there).

Iīve seen such Data-Port-Range-Limit in the "Todo List" ... is there any
chance, that this will be implemented in the near future ?

Thx for your Help
Thom