RE: Need help with Installation

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:25:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Sengupta, Nilanjan wrote:

> I resolved the earlier issue and curl now seems to have installed just fine.
> libz.so is no longer an issue for me. However, I need this mainly for https
> and its not working. Here is what I get when I try to connect using "curl -u
> username:pasword <https site url> -v"
>
> * About to connect() to <https://mysecuresite.com:443>
> * Connect failed
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (7) Connect failed

The connection failed, this is not even an SSL failure. This site has nothing
listening to the port! Or you didn't reach the site due to network
regulations.

> curl 7.11.0 (sparc-sun-solaris2.7) libcurl/7.11.0 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.2.1
> Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
> Features: SSL libz NTLM
>
> So, I guess https should be working. There is a proxy on our way out. Could
> that be the problem?

Yes, you need to specify the proxy option properly.

> I tried appending "- proxy <proxy_name>:<port_number>". It connects to the
> proxy and then fails when it tries the https.

You need to describe the failure a lot more detailed than just "fails when it
tries the https" for us to be able to help out.

--
 Daniel