curl: (60) error setting cerficate verify locations

From: Simon Poulston <simon_at_colugo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:53:09 +0000

Hello

I have been searching on this problem for several days now and cannot
seem to get to bottom of it?

SuSE Linux 8.2
libcurl/7.10.2
OpenSSL/0.9.6i

When I run curl -v https://www.paypal.com

I get an error

curl: (60) error setting cerficate verify locations

The spelling mistake is how it is coming back. I assume it should be
"certificate"

If I do

curl -k -v https://www.paypal.com

it runs fine and sets up a secure connection (I can achieve the same
adding the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, FALSE in my php script)

I have checked the path (dir), in /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf and I have tried
changing it to /etc/ssl from ./demoCA but this doesn't seem to help. I
aslo ran the c_rehash /etc/ssl/certs just incase. Is there something
really simple I am missing here?

Do I need to edit /usr/share/ssl/misc/CA.pl ?

I do not need to run my own certificate, we are purely connecting to
another secure site.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Simon