globbing ftp uploads

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:53:18 -0700

This is what I did using a tcsh shell under Mac OS 10.2.3 with curl as delivered by Apple.:

cd /Volumes/HEAO/MacBattery/Slides50k
foreach fff (*.jpg)
  curl -n ftp://macnauchtan.com/public_html/pub/MacBattery/Slides50k/ -T $fff
end

It worked like a charm and I don't do things like that very often but. . .

In an academic learning context, is there some way I could have used {} notation to ask curl to glob the 21 files and effect the transfer without the overhead of repeated connections?

--
-->  There are 10 kinds of people:  those who understand binary, and those who don't <--