"Browser tracing"?

From: Keith E Junker <junker_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:10:09 -0700

Hello from Boulder, CO.

I have a problem whose solution would be so simple if only my browser could
produce a trace. Is there a GUI browser that takes a --tracelevel=N option?
I can't even figure out whether what I'm trying to do in curl needs to be
application/x-www-form-urlencoded or multipart/form-data.

Trying to reverse engineer an https: transaction would turn into a piece of
cake if there were such a browser. Because of the frames in our problem
management thin client, saving pages and changing POSTs to GETs just takes
too long and it's too error-prone when I'm trying to do it during work
hours - it's sort of "peripheral" work, you know.

Again, is there a GUI browser that takes something like a --tracelevel=N
option?

Another approach would be to do packet capture and use OpenSSL to decrypt a
session.

Just started using curl a week and a half ago and I'm quite impressed with
the power of this tool.

Keith