[ curl-Bugs-871842 ] ----max-time option doesn't applies to TELNET url

From: SourceForge.net <noreply_at_sourceforge.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:48:22 -0800

Bugs item #871842, was opened at 2004-01-06 10:48
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100976&aid=871842&group_id=976

Category: client module
Group: bad behaviour

Initial Comment:
Hi everybody,
I'm using this :
curl 7.9.5 (i586-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.5 (ipv6 enabled)
on this:
Linux myhost 2.2.20 #2 Thu Dec 27 17:02:57 CET 2001 i686
I try to use curl to monitor a x25 link, TCP converted
by a cisco router. The goal is to connect TCP to an
address, read incomming datas and disconnect after a
few seconds. As the other end just keep on sending the
same string of characters and never disconnects, I
force the deconnexion using curl's timeout, and then I
check if the string I received is the one i'm
expecting. The strange thing is that if I do :
 curl -s -m 5 telnet://myip:myport -v
I get tons of
* RCVD WILL ECHO
* SENT DONT ECHO
Every second, I receive the expected string, but curl
just never disconnects. The option is basicly ignored.
The same line works fine with http instead of telnet.