Re: cURL beginner troubles with location

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:07:15 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Tony Blakie wrote:

> Since I requested help a while back, the server which we're retrieving files
> from has been set-up to use HTTPS instead of HTTP. Now we're actually
> getting a Location returned:
>
> 0000: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
> 0000: Content-Length: 945
> 0000: Location: https://xxxx.xxxx.xxxx:443/BM-Login/?%22https://xxxx

Gosh, you're actually getting a Location: back from the proxy? This is a
little unorthodox.

> However I've tried with and without the location switch (-L) in the cURL
> command but still get nothing back from the redirection (other than the "302
> from proxy" message).

Right, curl doesn't support 302 and "Location:" returned from a proxy on a
CONNECT attempt.

> Can anyone offer any help or advice?

What exactly is that Location: telling you? Is that the new proxy to use, or
does the proxy simply tell you what URL you should fetch (through the same
proxy) now?

> Upgrading the version, I'm told, is not an option available to us.

Upgrading won't change the behavior. I've never seen anyone reporting a proxy
doing this before..