cURL beginner troubles with location

From: Tony Blakie <Tony.Blakie_at_mi-services.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:32:13 -0000

We're using cURL version: curl 7.10.3 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) libcurl/7.10.3 OpenSSL/0.9.6g zlib/1.1.4

Since I requested help a while back, the server which we're retrieving files from has been set-up to use HTTPS instead of HTTP.
Now we're actually getting a Location returned:

=> Send data, 208 bytes (0xd0)
0000: CONNECT xxxxx
002c: Proxy-authorization: Basic xxxx
0075: User-Agent: curl/7.10.3 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) libcurl/7.10.3 Op
00b5: enSSL/0.9.6g zlib/1.1.4
00ce:
<= Recv data, 32 bytes (0x20)
0000: HTTP/1.0 302 Moved Temporarily
<= Recv data, 21 bytes (0x15)
0000: Content-Length: 945
<= Recv data, 92 bytes (0x5c)
0000: Location: https://xxxx.xxxx.xxxx:443/BM-Login/?%22https://xxxx
0040: xx.xxxxx.xx.uk:2003/%22.
<= Recv data, 2 bytes (0x2)
0000:
== Info: Received error code 302 from proxy
== Info: Closing connection #0

However I've tried with and without the location switch (-L) in the cURL command but still get nothing back from the redirection (other than the "302 from proxy" message).

Can anyone offer any help or advice?

Upgrading the version, I'm told, is not an option available to us.

Thanks in advance

Tony