Re: curl dump file

From: Alexander Schoepe <a.schoepe_at_sesam.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:50:25 +0100

Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2003 15:32 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Alexander Schoepe wrote:
> > curl -L -v --trace-ascii log -b r.coo -c s.coo -A
> > "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/3; Linux)" -G -d
> > check_request=true -d auftragskto=4711 -d zeitraum=90 -d
> > downloadFormat=downloadformatSwiftMt940 -d download_x=8 -d
> > download_y=8 -d vonTermin="" -d bisTermin=09.12.2003 $URL
> >
> > > out
> >
> > the html server sends first a binary file which will not be dumped by
> > curl.
>
> So if this isn't "dumped" by curl, how do you know it is sent by the server
> and received by curl?
>
> > is there an option to dump such a file or can someone tell me a proc in
> > the source where to patch that it will be dumped.
>
> The --trace and --trace-ascii options output EVERYTHING libcurl sends and
> receives. If not, there's a bug in there.
>
> Can you show us a repeatable way on a public URL?

public url is a problem because it is 'online-banking' with no demo account.
only thinks I have to offer is my download script without the passwords, curl
logfile and lynx tracefile.

the problem is in the script curl.sh where dump to 5.log.
you may have a look in the lynx trace file lines 6846 to 7518 there you can
see: the http server sends first the attachment file and the the html file.

regards,
alexander schoepe