Request for --noheaders option

From: Patrick Lannigan <patrick_at_lannigan.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:18:47 -0500

(my apologies to the administrator as I first posted this to
curl-users-admin by mistake)

Thank you for inventing curl!

I need to send XML to https://someurl.com/abc/xyz.asp

The trouble is the site really isn't using HTTP protocol at all and just
expect the "XML" with no HTTP headers whatsoever (i.e. using the
-d option (to send the xml data) *without* sending the "POST" header
- or any other headers)!

I got a friend to do the code in Java but I would much rather use curl.exe
command line tool to do this (because it's *so* well supported by people
like you).

I realize that this may be "out of scope" but I've seen (a few) similar requests
from other people on the mailing list archives, in the past, and thought it wouldn't
hurt to ask. Also, the rise of "throwing XML" at URL's is becoming more popular
overall, and this would represent a new use for curl.

I realize that I could do a special compile myself - to create my own version
of curl - but I'm a blundering idiot when it comes to compiling (especially
on windows).

I could donate a $100 or so dollars to "the cause" (and sorry if such a little
amount is offensive to anyone) if that helps.

Thanks for listening.

Patrick