Problem connecting to password protected page

From: Gary Danko <gary_at_hekal.org>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:05:09 -0800

OS Version:
Darwin baracus.local 7.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 7.0.0: Wed Sep 24
15:48:39 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-517.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc

cURL Version:
[baracus:~] gdanko% curl -V
curl 7.10.2 (powerpc-apple-darwin7.0) libcurl/7.10.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7b
zlib/1.1.4

Here's my situation. I subscribe to the Phil Hendrie Show backstage
pass, where I can listen to 30 days worth of archives in WM/Real/MP3
format. I have decided that since I am paying, I want to save them to
disk. So I've written a Perl script to parse the stream.asf file and
download all the mms:// links in it to disk with a date stamp. Blah
blah blah. Anyway..

Since it's a subscription I need to login in order to listen. These are
the steps taken, it's convoluted:

1) Navigate to http://www.philhendrieshow.com/audioarchives.html
2) Click on either a "Win Media" or "Real Audio" link
3) You're taken to http://members.premiereinteractive.com to login,
except it's not normal httpd authentication, it's done via http form.
4) You enter your login name (email address) and password into the form
and click submit
5) Upon successful authentication you're taken back to
http://www.philhendrieshow.com/audioarchives.html
6) You can now click on a "Win Media" or "Real Audio" link and a
stream.asf or stream.ram file is downloaded.

Can something like this be accomplished with cURL? I'd love to figure
it out so I can completely automate this process and cron it.

Any help is appreciated!