Re: Reliving an old compile problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:01:39 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Fabian wrote:

> I searched the archives for this and have found results but not that help to
> much in my account. I was hoping I can get some help. I have not done source
> compile installs in about 2 years so I am unfortunately a bit out of
> practice.

Did you ever compile anything on this particular machine?

> So here is the problem:
>
> I get this error:
> "checking for C compiler default output... configure:
> error: C compiler cannot create executables"
>
> From the docs I tried seting the gcc cc environments with CC but that did
> not work :(

Why did you try that? Do you have multiple gcc versions installed?

[config.log]

> configure:2543: checking for C compiler default output
> configure:2592: gcc conftest.c >&5
> ../../gcc/gcc.c:2325: Internal compiler error in
> function execute

Look at this. Your compiler fails to compile the most simple C program. You
can't compile curl with a compiler that breaks at this.

I suggest you get a binary package with a much newer gcc version and then
re-try to build curl.

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]