Re: Proxy server problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:14:41 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Pravin Jade wrote:

> D:\curl>curl -X 192.168.1.10:8080 -U [snip] http://www.netscape.com

Perhaps you should be more careful about posting user names and passwords to
the world.

> But above command shows html code of Log-in page of my proxy server instead
> of netscape's home page.

That indicates that you need something else than a mere -U to authenticate.

> So what settings should be done to get netscape's home page ?

Use -v and show us what headers you get back. I suspect that you get a set of
Proxy-Authenticate: headers that require a different authentication mechanism
than the default one -U uses (which is Basic).