Re: Segmentaion Faults!

From: jna <jna_at_tcpbbs.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 03:11:30 -0500

> John,
>
> Re: gethostbyname_r problem:
>
> I have a few ideas to throw out:
>
> 1. What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf look like? Will it still segfault
> if you simplify it (e.g. "hosts: files)?

Here is a copy of it:

passwd: compat
group: compat

hosts: files dns
networks: files

services: db files
protocols: db files
rpc: db files
ethers: db files
netmasks: files
netgroup: files
bootparams: files

automount: files
aliases: files

> 2. Are all (any?) of the programs that do work also linked against 2.2.4?

Yes all programs were compild using the existing 2.2.4 on the system now,
even the bind we are running.

> 3. Try running strace on it if all else fails; you might come up with
> some more ideas from looking at that.

Sorry not familuar with strace? Would be glad to do it if you get me some
instructions :)

Thanks,
John