unknown message digest algorithm

From: Sulo Kallas <sulo_at_goodwin.ee>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:22:43 +0300

When I do:

curl https://login.passport.com

I get:

curl: (35) SSL: error:0D07908D:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_verify:unknown
message digest algorithm

Yet when I do:

curl https://nexus.passport.com

it connects just fine and delivers the expected page.

But when I do:

openssl s_client -connect either.passport.com:443

it connects just fine to both servers. Why is that? It seems to me that
openssl does its part, but curl somehow doesn't like login.passport.com.
Does anybody know why? Or do I have something missing in my openssl
configuration? The sad part of course is that I want to connect to
login.passport.com. :)

curl 7.10.7 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.7 OpenSSL/0.9.6a zlib/1.1.3
Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps
Features: SSL libz NTLM

<^_^>