RE: curl-7.10.8-pre5

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:55:57 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 10:12 AM

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> > I'll give it another test when you've released it. I tried loading the
> > current files out of CVS, and can't get configure to finish running (some
> > kind of problem with config.status I think).

I can confirm that the seg-fault caused by leaving off the -u flag in pre4
is now fixed.

> I modified test case 91 to do that [include a username], but it still runs
> fine for me!

I looked a little harder and found the problem. Try adjusting your test
case to use an empty response body (0 content length), such that you get
something like this:

  < HTTP/1.1 401 Access Denied
  < Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
  < Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:05:27 GMT
  < WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate
  < WWW-Authenticate: NTLM
  < WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="testweb.fdy.moc.com"

I think you'll be able to reproduce it then. I was able to easily "fix"
the problem by adding a small bit of content to my web page's 401 response,
but curl shouldn't have a problem with 0-length responses.

- Kevin