Re: Probs with client certificates

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 08:57:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Georg Horn wrote:

I'm far from an expert on this, but I'll give it a shot.

> $ curl-7.10.7/src/curl -debug -v --cert mgb2003.pem --cacert \
> postbank-komplett.pem -k https://www2.postbank-banking.de/xmlapi/OB

You should --cacert OR -k, as they kind of defeat each others purposes. But I
believe -k is ignored in this case.

If you want to skip the CA problems to start with, then use -k while you setup
your client cert to get accepted.

> * About to connect() to www2.postbank-banking.de:443
> * Connected to www2.postbank-banking.de (62.180.72.66) port 443
> Enter PEM pass phrase:
> * SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK
> * Closing connection #0
> curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK
> [...]
>
> I would really appreciate some help at this point, even if someone could
> point me to some documentation that further explains this ssl-stuff to an
> ssl-newbie.

This looks as if your CA cert isn't good enough, but perhaps the error message
is misleading/wrong.

I believe your client cert needs to be your certificate and key concatenated,
unless you also provide a --key option.