Re: Unable to resume file transfer - cURL (fwd)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 17:38:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> 1) C:\>curl -C - http://192.168.2.247:80/curlTest.zip > test.zip -#
> it starts downloading on my m/c and shows me the progress bar as
> ##############################
> 42.1%
> 2) Interrupt the download. I stopped it (using CTRL-C)when it had completed
> 42.1%.
> 3) To resume the download I reran the command in step 1, but it starts all
> over again. Progress bar shows..
> #######
> 10.5%
>
> It does not resume from 42.1%. I analysed the size of the file but found
> that the download starts all over again.

This is expected. curl has no knowledge of where to restart, as you have not
told it enough clues to figure that out. Then it starts from zero.

> C:\>curl -C --o http://192.168.2.247:80/curlTest.zip > test.zip -#

Did you really use this command line? Then I'm not surprised this doesn't work
either. Try something like this instead:

 curl -C - -o test.zip http://192.168.2.247:80/curlTest.zip

... and it has a bigger chance of actually working.

> During the download process I disabled the network on 192.168.2.247 m/c. I
> enabled the network after some time, but download does not resume.

Your command line was bad.