Re: HP-UX 11.00 problems with make

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:51:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003, ope wrote:

> > Recently? These lines your compiler complains on are very old. They've
> > been like this for ages.
>
> I last compiled curl maybe 4 months ago or so. I am trying to compile the
> same code again (same directory, path, files, etc.).

Could it be that your compiler needs some options set to build ANSI C
properly? Googling on the net, I found mentionings of +z and -Ae on several
places in combinations with aCC on HPUX.

> checking for gettimeofday... no
> checking deeper for gettimeofday... but still no

I found a man page for HPUX 9 for it, so I think it is present even in 11. Can
you check the config.log file to see how the test looks like and why it fails?

I don't have access to any HPUX machines myself. In fact, I think I've never
even logged into one! ;-)