cURL in Windows 98?

From: Krebs, Robert <robert.krebs_at_doe.state.nj.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:31:56 -0400

Hi,

I'm using command-line cURL (7.10.3, SSL version).  I have trouble in Windows 98 that simply doesn't show up with the same cURL configuration (same network) in Windows 95 (upgraded Winsock 2), Windows ME and Windows 2000.

Here are my results for a "Hello World" example":

       curl http://www.yahoo.com

       curl (6): Couldn't resolve host 'www.yahoo.com'

Does anyone know of any (simple or otherwise) explanations for this problem?

Thanks Much,

Robert Krebs
Information Technology
NJ Department of Education