Re: Large file support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:51:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003, [Windows-1250] Vladimír T?ebický wrote:

> I'd like to ask in which state the large file support is?

It's still missing.

> My curl compiled (I think) with this support

I'm not aware of any functional patches that make curl support this.

> Is there any distinct way to determine, wheter curl is configured
> to compile with large file support (something like #define
> HAVE_LARGEFILES)?

You know curl doesn't support large files, because it has never been made to
do it. Until someone makes it do this, it will remain not supported...

> Can we expect debugging this problem in some of next versions? ;-)

I hope so. If we get enough help. To start with, we need someone who can
run servers for both FTP and HTTP that provide large files that we can test
the upcoming implementation on.