Re: ia64 debug: failed test 60

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:13:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Domenico Andreoli wrote:

> in the process of building curl on ia64 with these [1] configure parameters
> test 60 fails. it happens that if i remove --enable-debug test 60 succeeds.

I find that very strange, and it indicates a problem with the debug stuff.

Anyway, why is the automatic builds using --enable-debug? In this case it
surely has helped us notice a problem but I'm curious... The real binaries
aren't made with that, right?

> i attached the file stderr60 which i think is related to the failure. i'm
> not able to understand it at the moment.

It proves some major internal screw-up:

Check out these headers sent by curl in that test failure:

(The -1 is not supposed to be there of course.)

I figure the only good way to solve this is to login to an ia64 machine (or
any other platform that can be made to show this problem) and debug it.