RE: Extra bytes when downloading file

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 12:10:56 -0400

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Jim Doutt wrote:
> I can fill out the WEB page, and click on the "download data" button &
> get a file that is 6,721,536 bytes long.
> However the retrieved file is 6,729,728 bytes long

Those numbers strike me as possibly being about the difference between Unix (\n) newlines vs. DOS (\r\n) newlines. Can you try converting newlines on the curl.exe file from DOS to Unix (perhaps using `d2u` or some other text-munging tool) and then see whether the file size is correct?

This isn't a cygwin platform is it? (they commonly have issues with this)

Have you tried a head or tail on the file to see whether the data at the beginning or end looks like anything in particular?

- Kevin