Extra bytes when downloading file

From: Jim Doutt <jdoutt_at_whoi.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:15:49 -0400

I am interacting with a WEB server to generate & download data

I can fill out the WEB page, and click on the "download data" button &
get a file that is 6721536 bytes long.

It seems that with CURL, I need a 2-step process. The first appears to
generate the file on the WEB site

curl -m 20 --trace trace.out --get
"http://128.128.xxx.yyy/RETRIEVE.HTM?SEED=L?Z+ELZZ50000000&BEG=03%2F06%2F28&END=03%2F06%2F29&FILE=aqqa&REQ=Download+Data&DONE=YES"

and I can retrieve it with

 curl -O -m 20 --get "http://128.128.xxx.yyy/aqqa"

However the retrieved file is 6729728 bytes long

 ls -alrt aqqa
      6729728 Jul 31 10:50 aqqa
 ls -alrt ~/aqas
      6721536 Jul 30 13:57 aqas

If I do a cmp on the two files
 cmp -l ~/aqas aqqa
cmp: EOF on /home/jdoutt/aqas

SO the file downloaded by CURL seems to have "stuff" appended to the
end.

Can someone help me with the correct syntax for doing this?

Jim Doutt