RE: Curl on Solaris 9 w/ SSL

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:00:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Jared Ingersoll wrote:

> Here's where it bombs:

> d .libs && rm -f libcurl.so && ln -s libcurl.so.2.0.2 libcurl.so)
> false cru .libs/libcurl.a file.o timeval.o base64.o hostip.o progress.o
> formdata.o cookie.o http.o sendf.o ftp.o url.o dict.o if2ip.o speedcheck.o
> getdate.o ldap.o ssluse.o version.o getenv.o escape.o mprintf.o telnet.o
> getpass.o netrc.o getinfo.o transfer.o strequal.o easy.o security.o krb4.o
> memdebug.o http_chunks.o strtok.o connect.o llist.o hash.o multi.o
> content_encoding.o share.o http_digest.o md5.o http_negotiate.o http_ntlm.o
> make[2]: *** [libcurl.la] Error 1

Error 1 means that a command that make invoked returned error (non-zero).

> make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/spare/jared/software/curl-7.10.6/lib'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/spare/jared/software/curl-7.10.6/lib'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

This output looks wrong. Are you sure it didn't get garbled somehow when you
copy and pasted it to this mail?

The first line seems to be a part of the line that in my solaris box looks
like:

  (cd .libs && rm -f libcurl.so && ln -s libcurl.so.2.0.2 libcurl.so)

and in the second line it looks like if the first part of it has been
replaced, as in my output it looks like:

  ar cru .libs/libcurl.a file.o timeval.o base64.o hostip.o progress.o

In the directory you build curl in, is there a file named libcurl.a in the
directory .libs/libcurl.a ?

Aha! Could it be that configure didn't properly find 'ar' in your system and
thus uses 'false' instead?

Try running this command in your build dir:

$ grep "^AR *=" libtool lib/Makefile